Friday, June 11, 2010

Purple Wedding Shower

I don't know about you, yes YOU (other crafters!), but in the pre-Cricut age, I acquired quite a collection of Sizzix die cuts.  It was the best invention since sliced bread!  I must admit that since buying my Cricut, my poor Sizzix dies are under-utilized...and are gathering dust, but I hate to get rid of them because they come in handy!  This wedding dress card is a perfect example! 
I dusted off the Dress & Accessories big red die, by Rob & Bob Studio, to create this gorgeous wedding dress.  I used a crisp white for the gown, then cut a glittered vellum overlay.  I also used some white ribbon to affix around the waist.   I used a metal sheet to cut the dress form top and bottom, and attached wtih Zots.  For the word "bride", I found a leftover rub-on from when I created our wedding album, then attached a metal embellishment with two silver brads over the word.  In the lower right corner, I punched white and vellum flowers, using a hand punch, and attached to the card using a 1/16 eyelet setter and white eyelets.  I stamped the same "congratulations" on the inside of the card, as I used on the envelope.  I also added a beautiful wedding cake stamp on the envelope, and used a violet water-color pencil and a SU blender pen, to highlight the flowers.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment