Saturday, June 5, 2010

Peacock "Cherish" Card

I finally got to use some designs from Straight From The Nest tonight!  I have had this cart for a month or so, and all of my designs have been held captive on my Gypsy (kind of like photos on a camera, sometimes!).  I have really been excited to try this peacock card, and I think it turned out well.  For the card base, I used a light blue and then cut a darker blue about an inch shorter to layer on top.  Before layering, I embossed the darker blue with the Cuttlebug embossing folder D'Vine Swirls, then punched a border on the bottom with Martha Stewart's Scallop Dot punch.  I added yellow grosgrain ribbon just above the border, then layered the Straight From The Nest swirl (branch) on top for the bird to rest on. 
For the peacock (blue) and swirl (brown), I used Straight From The Nest, and also cut a shadow, in silver, for the peacock.  Before layering the peacock, I inked the blue with SU Brilliant Blue, and inked the silver with SU Going Gray.  I used my Zig glue pen to adhere both pieces, then added white dots with a white gel pen, and a yellow eye with bling.  Finally, I added dimensional dots behind the peacock to make it pop off the card. 
The final piece I added to this card, was a small "Cherish" tag stamped with SU Basic Black and a Stampendous stamp.  I double mounted and inked the edges of both layers, using the same colors as for the peacock.  Hope you enjoy!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment