Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!

This is a "recycled" project.  I was adding chocolate frosting to the brownies for our 4th of July celebration, and was about to toss out the frosting container, when I had a great idea!  I thought it would be useful to make a festive utensil holder for the BBQ we were having.  So, while some other things cooked and baked, I ran upstairs, got out the Independence Day cart, and cut this Uncle Sam hat and the "4th of July" phrase.  I covered the container with red cardstock and also used the stars from the inside of the white and blue spots, to add a middle border around the container (hard to see).  It worked wonderfully and enjoyed adding a Cricut touch to our BBQ.  I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment