Saturday, July 17, 2010

Expo Hangover

Yesterday, my friend, Kate, and I trekked out to the Scrapbook Expo at the Puyallup Fairgrounds.  We were armed and ready to attack the nearly 40 vendors available.  We each had our bags to carry precious purchases, and I brought my Crop n' Style Navigator to check into the baggage claim....you know, to carry the "extra" purchases.  Ha ha ha!  :o) 
Since we didn't buy our tickets online, we arrived at 10am, just as they opened to scrappers w/o the VIP pass.  The first booth we stopped at, was FULL of Basic Grey.  I LOVE me some BG!!!  Of course they had Oliver & Olivia, and Capella, as well as Origins and other lines and MANY coordinating embellishments!  I was in Basic Grey Heaven!!!  Kate and I scored (haha, not a paper pun...yet.) some great deals on random paper packs ($5 for over 20 sheets, plus a sticker sheet of letters), and on their 12x12 element stickers ($1.50 a page)! 
Next, we hit the Rusty Pickle booth, and again scored some great paper and some chipboard....mmmmm....chipboard...(insert: Homer Simpson drool, here).  At Scrap Happy, I found some of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders that I've been looking for, and of course we had to stop at Stampin' Up. 
The scariest impulse purchase I almost made, was at the Paper Wizard.  There was an A-MA-ZING laser-cut representation of Las Vegas.  It would have been THE element on my layout.  The price tag, you ask?  $25, excuse me, $24.95.  I drooled over that cut the entire day...and almost went back to get it, but maintained my willpower.  (After all, $25 could buy me ALOT of eyelets and brads, right?)  Speaking of eyelets and brads, my true weakness was unveiled at the Eyelet Outlet booth.  There were "deal bins" of $1-a-package brads and eyelets.  HOW DARE THEM!  They're as bad as Queen & Co.'s $1 booth!!!  Between the two booths, I dollar'd myself to death.  Ugh! Note to self: must stay away from dollar deals. 
Towards the end of expo aisles at Scrapbook 'N' Stickers, I FINALLY found my Cosmo Criket "Cinnamon" paper, that I've been looking for, since March.  YAY!!! 
By the end of the day, I had bought two things that I REALLY thought I needed, and a whole bunch of other gorgeous papers, brads, eyelets, felt borders, buttons, glitter-flock, chipboard, etc., that just fed my addiction to this horrible, awful, downright despicable hobby. (Insert: HEAVY sarcasm)   :oP 
What were the two things I thought I REALLY needed, you ask?  I found the Crafter's Companion stick away and stick & spray to refurbish my Cricut mats!  I've been longing to place an order on http://www.customcrops.com/, but they always seem to be out of the stuff.  I really hope they live up to the hype!  The other item I was excited to find?  Ribbon organizers & dispensers from Best Craft Organizer (http://www.bestcraftorganizer.com/).  I have drooled over their shelving before, but most kits are at least $200!  Since I've been struggling with how to organize my ribbon, I watched their video (prior to the Expo), and subsequently purchased some ribbon organizers.  I'll let you know how that works out for me, in a future post...and just keep my fingers crossed that I win their $250 drawing (haha).   :o) 
I can't wait to use some of my new haul (pic below)!  Until then, Hoppy Crafting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment