Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chicks Rule

I love the color combo that I chose for this card!  I have a tangerine card base with lime overlay, which I embossed with Cuttlebug's "Seeing Spots" folder, and used the Martha Stewart Traditional Scallop border punch at the bottom.  I added the Halloween themed ribbon and buttons, then cut a pumpkin, web, and wizard chick from Mini Monsters.  On the pumpkin, I used brown and green Stickles for the stem and leaves, as well as googly eyes.  For the wizard chick, I used googly eyes on top of the cutout eyes, and added a cute star and purple hat. 
I actually ended up cutting the chick and all of its pieces twice, because the sizing was off.  Even though the bird was cut at 3", it meant the bird from top of hat, to bottom of toes was 3".  If I make this card again, I will have to make this cut larger, as the "chick" didn't turn out quite as I had hoped for.  Trial and error!  ...and Hoppy Crafting!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment