Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birdcage Shape Card

Have I mentioned how much I love my Gypsy, lately?  I LOOOOVE it!!!  I have been on vacation, visiting my mother, and have been designing up a storm and using my layers functions like crazy!  I decided to show my mom how easy the welding feature was, and create shape cards.  We are having a blast!  ...In fact, you could say we are crazy crafting fools!  One night, we even stayed up until almost 4am!!! 
Anyways, onto the card!  I used the much awaited Serenade cart for this card.  First, I found the birdcage base that I wanted, and cut it out in brown cardstock.  Then, I cut the bird from green/blue marbled paper (the same I used for the turtle in the previous post).  Finally, I cut the birdcage wires from silver glitter cardstock.  Doesn't that just make the whole birdcage pop? :o)  Before attaching the birdcage, I wove the bird inside some of the bars, then I used a spray adhesive (since the cage was so intricate), and attached them to the card base.  ~Hoppy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment