Thursday, July 1, 2010
The first thing we did, was paint each piece with at least two coats of acryllic paint. We used brown, lime green, and a bright ocean blue. While the paint dried, I made templates, from scratch paper, to see how big each paper should be cut, that I was leaving enough border, etc. When I was certain the measurements would work, I took one piece of 12x12 paper, and methodically cut each piece, so as not to waste paper.
Each finished project has paper on all four sides of each of the four holders, and only took ONE piece of 12x12 paper (w/some left over). We used clear Martha Stewart permanent glue to adhere the paper. Once that was dry, we applied two coats of Mod Podge to all piece of the project, allowing drying time between each coat. The finished products are two cute/trendy desk organizers, that suit our personal tastes. The mother-daughter time was a total bonus, too! :o) We could totally bling them out more....maybe that's to come, but for now, we both love how they look, just the way they are. ~Hoppy Crafting!