Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge: Green, Yellow, & Brown


So, I was web-surfing today in all my infinite free time(Ha ha ha!), and saw that My Pink Stamper (www.mypinkstamper.com)had a challenge posted for today. The challenge was to create a card using the colors green, yellow, and brown. Ironically, I already had a card created using those colors and Basic Grey paper, but decided to put my creativity to work instead of using an "old" card design. I am very pleased at how this thank you butterfly card turned out! I'd love to hear your feedback!

Here's what I used:
*11" of Green Cardstock, folded in half to make a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card
*Brown paper cut 5 1/4" and distressed on edges, then inked with Stampin' Up Close
to Cocoa
*Green print paper cut 5" with brown ribbon taped 3/4" from the bottom
*"Thanks" stamped in SU Close to Cocoa on 3/4" x 7/8" yellow; mounted on brown to
create a border; Two 3D Dots underneath for dimension
*Butterfly cut using Gypsy Wanderings: Top cut at 3 3/4" and Shadow cut at 4"
Shadow is inked with SU More Mustard
*Bling is Martha Stewart Brown Gemstones

3 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, Cindy. It is the perfect balance of feminine accents and design...living happily among a masculine color combo. Very nice. Kudos to you for taking on the challenge and rocking it!

    ReplyDelete