Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby Shower Card


For this card, I started with white cardstock for the base, then used a cypress green cardstock to punch a lace pattern in with a Martha Stewart border punch. I cut a circle-patterned paper to layer over the green, then took a solid pink, cut a 1" strip, and adhered it on top of the green. I thought the solid pink was too plain, so I used an Impress starburst/flower rubber stamp (www.impressrubberstamps.com) with VersaMark watermark ink to stamp the image across the pink. Then I tied a pink polka dot grosgrain ribbon to cover the seam between the patterned and pink papers. For the embellishment, I stamped "Welcome Little One" from the Stampin' Up Riveting set and punched it out using a 1" circle punch. Then I stuck it into an inverted bottle cap using a large Zot Dot (adhesive dot). Behind the bottle cap, is a scalloped circle from the Easter 2010 cartridge, cut at approximately 2". I adhered the scallop to the card with pop dots to add dimension, then used another Zot Dot to hold the bottle cap onto the scalloped circle. ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment