Saturday, May 29, 2010

Heart Flowers

Have you ever noticed how tulips look alot like hearts?  I used Walk In My Garden to cut the flower pot and the stems/leaves for flowers, but really wanted to add more dimension to the flowers than by using paper.  That's when I decided to use some heart brads that I had in my stash.  Before adding a mix of red, pink, and yellow "tulips", I adhered the pot and stems/leaves to a dark pink paper cut slightly smaller than the pink card base.  Once I had the brads in, I adhered the dark pink to the card to "hide" the backs of the brads.  I decided the card was still a little plain, so I added a small flower stamp on the top lip of the flower pot and added a pink border along the top of the card, made with a Martha Stewart border punch.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment