Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Day!


I wanted to make a quick and pretty card for a friend, so I got out my Storybook cart and cut this gorgeous brown flourish! I used a standard A2 size and yellow cardstock for the card and randomly inked with SU Close to Cocoa. Then I used my awesome Xyron adhesive machine to run the flourish through and evenly coat it with adhesive so I could apply it to the center of the card. Next, I used two small orange brads in the center of brown paper flowers, and adhered them with a Zot adhesive dot. Finally, I cut a piece of ribbon and tied it onto the "Happy Day" tag that I had left over from a previous project, and adhered the tag to the card. ~Hoppy Crafting :o)

**Oops! Sooo sorry for the somewhat blurry photo!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!

    So....when you adhere paper or silk flowers to a project, you use adhesive AND a brad?? I always use only the brad: I have always just winged my application process. Is there a specific reason for BOTH a brad and adhesive?

    Just trying to perfect my techniques. Tips and advice from the EXPERT would be greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda-Because I didn't want the brad to show through on the inside of the card (and I wasn't layering papers either), I used an adhesive dot. If I were applying the flower and there was a layer of paper between the flower and the card base, I would have just punched a hole for the brad and used it to attach the flower to the paper. Hope that makes sense! ~Hoppy crafting!

    ReplyDelete