Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bluebirds

Late this afternoon, I ran into my classroom and took my Sizzix Big Shot, along with some dies.  My friend, and next door teaching partner, Mrs. C, and I cut some critters for our rooms.  Mrs. C has a thing for turtles, and I have a thing for frogs.  We're like the reptile/amphibian duo.  Well, not only did Mrs. C cut her turtles (for backpack hook names), but she was working on her cute bulletin board in the hall.  She wanted apple baskets, so I hurriedly cut one from Doodlecharms at  around 18 inches before heading to school, but she had her own ideas. :o) 
One of the dies I had stuck in, just happened to be a cute birdie (Sizzix Hello Kitty).  I offered to help Mrs. C spruce up the board even more by cutting some birds, and she was happy to let me cut a few.  The birds are cut, using  a blue cardstock, then the flower is layered in pink.  The beak is also cut separately and layered in yellow.  Finally, each birdie received a hot-glue-gunned googly eye!  Now Mrs. C has a whole flock of birdies, just ready to fly onto her welcome back bulletin board!  ~Hoppy Crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. You have cute little blue birds. My class is covered with moose!

    Have a great school year.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana :)

    ReplyDelete