Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anniversary!

Yesterday just happened to be our 8th wedding anniversary, and my husband surprised me with a nice dinner out on the waterfront at a wonderful seafood restaurant.  The food was delicious, and the walk along the waterfront was gorgeous!  What does this have to do with this blog?  When I picked up our mail earlier in the day, we had received this card!
My mother, who is the queen of cake decorating, is beginning to get into making cards and using her Cricut (we surprised her with a baby bug on her b-day a couple of years back!).  I guess after my visit (and our LATE night-owl crafting sessions), she was anxious to test out some of the techniques I had shown her! 
I think she did a really nice job with this vertical tri-fold-type card! She even used her new clear stamps!She went crazy punching borders with my Martha Stewart punches while I was visiting, and now I see why!  She actually incorporated every color from my rainbow pastel wedding!  (I enjoy color so much, that each of my bridesmaids did wear a different soft pastel color (blue, lilac, celadon [green], yellow, pink). 
I digress!  I'm proud that my mom is dabbling in this area of paper crafts, and I loved her use of the layered flowers with a heart brad (FIRST time she used a brad!), with a pink ribbon behind it.  Way to go, Mom!  Love you!  ~Hoppy Crafting! 

1 comment: