After all holes were sufficiently repaired, I removed the bottom seat and set to work. I had found this gorgeous black and white damask table cloth-type fabric (with felt on the back), for under $3 a yard, at a big low-price chain. Perfect for a cheap classroom makeover! I simply laid the seat on it, face down, and cut around it to leave enough to staple gun to the bottom.
It may have taken me around an hour to both repair, remove all the screws, and staple gun the entire bottom part, but goodness, what a difference! I LOVED it, and couldn't wait to finish the top!
P.S.--Yes, I am aware that I "messed up" and made the top and bottom patterns go completely opposite directions! OOPS! I didn't realize that I had turned the top fabric until I was done with the top. By that point, I