Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Embroidery Hoop Mini Bulletin Boards

I saw these lovely yellow embroidery hoops at the store the other day, and decided to use some leftover fabric from my classroom curtains and bulletin board, to make some mini-cork board bulletin boards. 
I traced a larger circle and cut fabric, cork board, and a cardboard backing for each before assembling.  Then I stretched and stretched, and stretched the fabric, until each hoop was tight. 
Next, I made sure each cork circle fit, and added hot glue, evenly, then pressed it in against the fabric. 
After that, I hot glued in the cardboard backing.  Finally, I took the excess fabric on the back, and hot glued it to the backing, to ensure it wouldn't come off.  I hung each up by a nail in a random configuration.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment