Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Banners for School

Ohh....emmm....Geeee!!!  I am so in L-O-V-E with the NEW Stampin' Up Build a Banner Kit in the new Holiday Mini Catalog!!!!  In just one day, I seriously got my mist and daub on!  (Yes, I'm craft-geeky, and I know it!) I used EVERY SINGLE BANNER in BOTH the Build a Banner Kit, AND the Banner Refill Kit!  That's almost 40 banners, people!
One of the projects I worked on, besides the super secret Halloween and Christmas ones, was to make some banners to decorate my classroom.  I used lovely chevron and polka dot stencils for the Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight (mixed with a tad of Summer Starfruit) pennants.  For the letters, I attempted the mini-mister for the "learn" banner, but loved the control I had, using the sponge daubers on the "read" and "grow" banners.  For all three, I used Gumball Green.  The "Learn" banner is also outlined in a black Sharpie, because I couldn't stand how undefined the letters were by misting them.
I used the 3/4" Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon to string each pennant on, and tied a loop at each end to be able to hang them up.  Hope you like them!


Here's a quick look at the Simply Created Build a Banner Kit.  It includes the Chevron, Striped, and Polka Dot masks, as well as a blank shield, and all 26 letters of the alphabet.  There are 18 pennants, jute twine, and a mini-mister.  The easiest way I found, was to fill a mister with approximately 25-30 drops of reinker (to achieve desired color), and fill the rest with 70% Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.  I also covered all of my surface with newspaper, and had several sheets of paper towel handy to wipe masks as I finished with them.  When I was completely finished, I washed all masks in the sink, and then let dry. 

~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment