After measuring, I set out for the nearest local fabric store, and found EXACTLY what I was looking for! (How often does that happen?) I loved the neutral slate and basic grays! In fact, they match great with the two bookshelves I repainted for my classroom! And, with the curtains I'm in the process of finishing! I love when a plan comes together! (Now all I need is perfect incoming kiddos.....)
After finding fabric, I bought some silver tacks (in office supplies), and set to work. I ironed the fabric, then laid it out to make the strips even. Then, I started adding tacks and stretching the fabric as I went. After I had every other tack in, I made a second round of tacks between the first, just for good measure. When I was sure I was done adding tacks, I turned the board over, and used my trusty staple gun to secure the fabric to the back of the frame, as I pulled the fabric tighter (not too tight, or you could pop out your tacks). Finally, I added eye hooks to the back, and hung by a wire in the back. I also thought it needed a pop of color, so I used my hot glue gun to glue the giant green daisy to a tack, then stuck it in the corner. ~Hoppy Crafting!