Friday, August 2, 2013

Hot Glue Flowers?

I've had the Stampin' Up Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds now, since about when the new catalog came out.  I've been getting really good at making the normal flowers with the Simply Pressed clay, but kept wondering if I could use other mediums in the molds.  It just so happens that I'm not the only crafter who wonders that!  I ran a quick Google search, and found a great video by this lady who actually used her hot glue gun to make the Buttons and Blossoms! 
I HAD to try it!  It's pretty easy.  The biggest trick is filling your mold to avoid as many air bubbles as possible.  When cooled (which takes no time at all), these babies pop out like a dream!  I may even have to try some of the colored and glitter glue sticks I have!  My silicone molds have been fine since using the hot glue, but I'm sure this isn't recommended by Stampin' Up, and it probably voids any warranties.  But, if you're like me, you like to live on the edge and try new things!  Have fun with this and let me know any good tricks you come up with!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment