Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hydrangea

For this quick thank you card, I used the gorgeous hydrangea from the Stampin' Up hostess set "Because I Care".  I knew that I HAD to earn this set, the moment I used the stamp during a card party.  I started out with a light purple card base and rounded the corners with my Zutter Corner Rounder.  I cut a cream-colored plaque from the SU Sizzix die "Top Note", then stamped the hydrangea on it in Concord Crush.  I used the Quickie Glue Pen to add dots all over the flower (on centers), and then added SU's Dazzling Diamonds glitter to give some sparkle.
Next, I adhered a two-tone satin purple ribbon towards the bottom of the flower, then used Kraft cardstock and punched out a plaque for the sentiment "thank you".  I added some dimensionals (pop dots), as well as two pearls to add bling. I also inked all sides and corners of the card base.   ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment