Sunday, December 5, 2010

Things I Love....

Another project that my friend, Amanada, came up with, was the 2-year calendar renovation.  This project was soooo super cute and awesome!  I may need to make more..... :o)  We used the Things I Love stamp set, which contained shoes, a shopping bag, and chocolate, along with the phrase "things I love".  We started out with a white cardstock, and punched a small piece of patterned paper with a scallop border.  We stamped the shoes, bag, and chocolate along the top for a border, and added the "things I love" image onto the scalloped paper, along with two hearts from the multi-sized heard punch.l  Lastly, we tied a pink grosgrain bow along the seam. 

I decided to use more of the scraps (b/c I just CAN'T waste them!!!!), and also decorate the back.  I stamped the chocolates in two colors along the top and bottom, and added more hearts in the middle on top of the leftover strip of patterned cardstock from the scallop border punch.  I LOVE how this turned out!!! And, it was sooo fun! 

The most challenging part of this project, was making sure that the paper would fit the cover of the existing calendar and getting the calendar + paper back into the sleeve.  This is totally worth making and personalizing for little gifts!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment