Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Owl Grad!

I saw an adorable owl grad card, that my friend, Terri, had made, and I just had to scraplift it!  I had been thinking about making an owl grad for a while, but when I saw hers, I knew I just HAD to!  This card was made using several Stampin' Up punches and supplies. 
I used a SU Real Red base, and layered it with Basic Black.  Then I used another piece of Read Red, and ran it through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I adhered a strip of gold cardstock over half the embossing (not SU), and started on the dimensional top layer.  I again used a Basic Black base (which has dimensionals behind it), and added the same gold cardstock, which I used Versamark and a stamp from the SU Rustic Rooster set  .  After that, I punched an owl from the SU Owl punch, and also cut wings from a scallop punch, which were then cut in half.  I sponged the owl with SU Soft Suede ink to give him some depth, and added the eyes, beak, and feet.  I cut glasses from the Cricut, and used a Stuido G stamp to make the grad hat.  I used the SU word window punch to make the diploma and drew a sprial on the top and tied a small ribbon around it.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black, from the SU set Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched out with the SU Word Window, and mounted on the red SU Modern Label. 

No comments:

Post a Comment