Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cardinal Grad!

Where I work and live, the high school mascot is a cardinal.  This year, I was asked to make a number of grad cards for different co-workers.  I came up with this awesome (if I don't say so myself,) card that would work for either gender!  I ended up making half a dozen of these for others! 
For the cardinal, I used an old stamp that I had picked up a few years ago from a clearance sale.  I'm not sure who made it, but I knew it would come in handy someday!  I colored it in with Zig markers, after stamping on a Stampin' Up Labels Collection Framelit. 
I used a Tim Holtz 'bubble wrap' embossing folder and tore around the sides for a more distressed look, then wrapped with twine.  I mounted it all on SU Cherry Cobbler (some on Read Red) cardstock for the base of the card.  I also used Glossy Accents/Crystal Effects on the bird eye to make it really shine.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment