Monday, October 17, 2011

Trick or Treat! Smell my feet.....



I LOVE fall, it's my favorite season of the entire year!  With fall, comes jack-o'-lanterns and other spooky fare for Halloween.  I whipped up these fun treat bags with some very simple ingredients!  I used notepads that I bought from the $ section at our local Ben Franklin's, and put each one in a small cello bag from Stampin' Up.  I used some awesome purple & black, and orange & black striped paper from a scrap stack, which I cut into a couple of different designs using the "oblong" option on the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge (5.76"), then folded in half and stapled backwards onto the bags. 

Before stapling the paper, I tried using a trick a friend of mine had shared to seal each bag.  I know there's no candy in these bags, but I wanted to try out her trick, and perfect it, sooooo....I warmed up my trusty flat iron (yes, a hair straightener!!!), and lightly crimped the top of a bag.  The first bag was a total disaster!  Even though I only touched it for a split second, my flat iron was OBVIOUSLY too hot!  I unplugged it, and tried again a few seconds later with another bag.  This time it was WAY better!  By the last of the 10 little treat bags, my flat iron was cool enough to simply seal and not make any plastic shrivel.  Yea!

Now, onto the rest of the bags!  After sealing, I finished the stapling (again, reverse stapling so that you can hide all the sharp spots with decorations).  I was ready for a little blood!  No, not REAL blood, but the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch has got to be one of my all-time favorite punches!  I adhered a red drippy goo strip to the top of each bag for add some spookiness!

Next, I stamped "Trick Or Treat" using a $ stamp from Michael's.  Then, I punched each out, using the EK Success Wavy Circle punch, and inked each with SU Basic Black.  I also added dimensionals to the back and stuck them on to hide one of the staples. 

Finally, I could focus on the pumpkins!  I used the Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge, and cut out some ghoulish jack-o-lanterns!  I layered each pumpkin with a green base, then yellow, then an orange glitter paper.  I love how they turned out!  I also love the DCWV glitter paper!  It cuts beautifully in my Cricut, and doesn't leave glitter residue everywhere!  After they were all assembled, I added dimensionals and stuck them onto each topper to hide the other staple.  Now all that's left to do, is to add names, and away they go!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment