Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pen Surprises!

I got these awesome 1"x8" cellophane bags from the Stampin' Up mini catalog, and just could not wait to use them, so I decided to make a pick-me-up for some of my co-workers!  I found some cute pens at a local store, and even though I didn't even try to match with the papers, no one seemed to care.  I wanted to use some of my Teresa Collins paper that I had gotten a REALLY GREAT DEAL on at www.scrapbooksteals.com
I digress, but, I kid you not, I got a stack of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Teresa Collins paper for around 75% off!!!!  I have a couple of mini-albums and another little project in the works using the paper, but I really wanted something for NOW! 
I used a gorgeous orange patterned cardstock, cut in 3"x6" strips, so folded in half it would be 3" squares.  I backwards stapled each to the top of each cello bag (so that the prongs would be covered when I added the scallop and postage stamp, both SU punches).  Then I threaded some Lemondrop twine from The Twinery (www.thetwinery.com) through the top and tied a bow so I could strategically hang them at people's desks.  The stamp is from a SU hostess set, "Cute by the Inch", stamped in Early Espresso, and I added bling.  I also rounded the bottom corners of each to give a softer look, overall.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Stinking Cute! Love those little cello bags...found another fun idea with them which I hope to incoporate into the upcoming big shot class! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete