Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Framed!

I know this isn't a card, but this is still fun and crafty!  I've been seeing picture frames with chicken wire in them lately, and thought that this would be a fun craft to brighten up a space!  I found some old frames at Goodwill and painted them with my preferred colors.  Then, I stretched chicken wire across the back, and used a staple gun to keep it in place.  Next, I used wire cutters to cut off the excess wire, and to bend any dangerous pieces inward.  You may want to wear gloves when making this project, as the chick wire can be quite evil on your hands with one wrong move (read:I was stubborn and thought I didn't need gloves, so I ended up with multiple puncture wounds.).  The next CRITICAL STEP, is to take a hot glue gun, and patiently COVER all those little exposed ends of chicken wire on the back of the frame.  DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!  Also, don't be stingy on the hot glue.  Those little pieces can be pretty pokey, so make sure you really cover the entire spot before going to the next.  This will protect you, and your walls!  Lastly, add a hanger or piece of wire on the back, so you can easily mount it on a wall, and get some mini clothespins.  The mini clothespins will hold on your pictures, cards, or whatever you want to hang up.  ~Hoppy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment