Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Motivation


View from my Craft Cave.

I've got to say, there's nothing like a little motivation (in the form of snow), to whip a crafter into Christmas card-making mode!  Of course, I may have had extra motivation (to finish), due to the fact that my school has been CLOSED for TWO days!!!  Yes, we will need to make up those missed days, but this extra time right before the holiday craziness, has been utilized well!  In just under three hours, I managed to mass-produce 17 Christmas cards!  That includes: making the card bases, scoring, stamping, cutting shapes, punching, layering w/pop dots, cutting out pieces w/the trusty Sizzix machine, and adding glitter and other finishing touches!  It also included deciding on a design, which I have been thinking about over the past few weeks...I just needed to see how the "mind-design" compared with the actual product.  It obviously worked well, and now I'm about halfway done making all my holiday cards!  I love this design SO much, that I've decided to switch color palettes (from red/green/silver, to blues/purples/greens) and make another set of around 20 cards with the same design!  I will have to share this card....soon.  :o)   ~Hoppy Crafting!!!


Reason WHY school's closed (view from my classroom).









No comments:

Post a Comment