Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday 2010

Today was Black Friday!  That means that all the crazy shoppers hit the stores early for deep discounts on all kinds of merchandise.  Well, I kicked off black Friday with a trip to Wal-Mart (.com, that is!), as well as to JoAnn's (.com).  While crazy, adrenaline-filled shoppers were beginning to elbow each other at 12:01 am, I sat in my bathrobe, with a cup of hot chocolate, and shopped online. 
Don't get me wrong...I'm a BF veteran.  I've done the whole BF thing for years!  This year, BF was not my BFF.  I just decided to try it a new way this year!  It was awesome!  Within minutes, I had the select items in my cart and ready for checkout.  Everything went off without a hitch, and I was in bed by 1:30 a.m.  I thought (briefly) about joining the rat race in the wee hours of the morning, but when I didn't even hear my alarm (from being in such a deeeep sleep), I was more than happy to SLEEP IN! 
Surprisingly, when I did venture out around 1pm today, there were still MANY "doorbuster" deals available.  I was truly surprised at the amount of items that were left from the early morning chaos.  JoAnn's and Michael's both had the Cricut Personal for $59.99 (Mike's automatically changed their sign to match Jo's, since they're about a mile apart).  When I got to Jo's, there were plenty of Cricut carts to be had.  Previous exclusives to HSN and Expression bundles, were on their display.  There was Picturesque, Straight from the Nest, and two Martha Stewart Cake carts, as well as several new releases.  I picked a couple that I haven't been able to find elsewhere, and went on my way. 
At Mike's, I picked up some paper (50% off all stacks), and a couple of presents for my nieces.  Oh, and of course, some scented pine cones (since DH came along, and was holding a spot in line w/the basket--and they are his favorite). 
Later, I stopped at Target and Wal-Mart.  Of course I had to convince DH to take a couple of Cricut-hugger photos!  He probably thought I was crazy, BUT they new Cricut Expressions were SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!  *Sigh*  How could a person even decide??? I LOVE the green, but the Aqua and Plum were also divine!  Even the Canary wasn't as obnoxious as I had imagined!  I was totally bummed that the lites they had on sale were only the "new releases" and none of the "older" 24.  I really wanted to get Handy Man, Wildlife, Dude, and possibly Billionaire.  Oh well, just saved myself some $$$.  Hope everyone had a safe and fun Thanksgiving, and a fun-filled Black Friday!  ~Hoppy Crafting!

3 comments: