Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Blog Hop

Welcome to our December blog hop: Joyful Christmas Wishes! This month, our hop is featuring 3-D items or gift wrapping/packaging ideas using our wonderful Stampin' Up products.  I just wrapped up classes on this little gem of a banner.  My crafty friends and I made several types of banners using the Simply Created Christmas Banner Kits.  Some chose to create "Joy", "Joyful", "Peace", "Merry", and "Noel".  I can't tell you how much I absolutely LOVE these kits, and I will be super sad if they are not carried over into the new mini-catalog season!  Get them while you can (only until January 2nd!)!










Recipe:
Simply Created Banner Kit
Simple Created Christmas Banner Accessory Kit
Pool Party reinker (misters)
Bermuda Bay reinker (misters)
Smoky Slate ink pad w/sponge dauber (lettering)
hot glue gun
sticky strip
(LOTS of ribbon tying patience!!!) :)

Another project I saw on YouTube the other day was this adorable "Cracker" gift box.  I got to use my Scoreboard and the new Envelope Punch board to create this fun little gift!  Using the Season of Style DSP stack, I took one sheet of 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper and scored it lengthwise at 1", 2", 3", & 4".  I turned it the opposite way, and scored at 1", 1 1/2", & 2", then again at 4 1/2", 5", & 5 1/2".  After that, I pre-folded all scores.  Then, I got out the envelope punch board and lined up the project on the 6 1/2" length side with 1 1/2" and punched, then again at 5" and punched.  I folded that row over, and continued with 1 1/2" and 5" punching all the way to the bottom (DO NOT punch the tiny side for adhesive).  I used sticky strip to adhere the small flap side, then pushed the ends together and tied ribbon on to keep the goodies inside.  (Hope this makes sense.) 

 Recipe:
Envelope Punch Board
Score Board
Season of Style DSP Stack
Sticky Strip
Gumball Green ink
Very Merry Tags (bah hum bug stamp)
Artisan Label punch
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding
Linen Thread


Thanks for stopping by, and have a very Merry Christmas!!!  Next, please visit Too Cool Stamping!

Too Cool Stamping Stamping With Pearl









6 comments:

  1. Love the banner. I'll have to try that "cracker" box - it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the banner queen for sure! Great job...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice projects! I really like the cracker box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those "cracker" boxes too. I think I'm going to give them a try for some cute gift package idea for my daughter. I love my Envelope Punch Board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cracker treat box! Great projects, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cracker box. My grand kids will love doing this project at our craft get together this weekend. Your idea was just in time for me - thanks for the great idea. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete